Coordinated care that's close to home
If you or someone you love has cancer, it is important to have careful coordination between your cancer specialist and the other doctors who care for you.
At Phelps, your first step will be medical oncology, where our expert oncologists will work closely with local doctors, specialists and surgeons so you receive comprehensive, coordinated care that's right where you need it—close to home.
A dedicated cancer support team
Undergoing cancer treatment can place a lot of stress on you and your body, but also on other aspects of your life and your family. Our team includes skilled doctors and nurses, as well as other professionals who can provide a variety of services to support you during this time.
- An oncology nurse navigator is here to manage any issues that may arise during your treatment, as well as coordinate your care and connect you to any programs and services you may need. Your navigator will stay in contact with you throughout your treatment and ensure all your questions are answered.
- An oncology nutritionist will help you manage side effects, stay hydrated and maintain your weight.
- An oncology social worker can help you overcome obstacles that may be preventing your treatment, locate community resources for you, and make necessary referrals. We can also help arrange meal assistance and transportation to get you to and from treatment appointments.
- Our physical rehabilitation services team will help you recover from your illness, as recommended in your personalized care plan.
- We offer a number of support groups at Phelps that can assist you with any emotional and mental effects of your condition.
- If you’re concerned about paying for your care, we also provide resources for financial assistance.